NASHVILLE, Tenn. – NeedLink Financial Assistance is urging all residents seeking financial help to complete their application completely and correctly the first time to ensure a timely processing of requests for financial aid.
NeedLink Nashville assists Davidson County residents with past due NES power bills, gas and water utilities, past due rent and past due mortgage payments. If you have experienced a loss of wages due to COVID-19, urgent upcoming expenses may also be considered.
Currently, due to a very high volume of applicants, NeedLink’s online application will open at 8 a.m. on the first non-holiday workday of each week. The on-line application will close when they have reached the maximum capacity of assistance applications which may be processed within the week.
Unfortunately, incomplete applications and scans which do not depict a copy of the documentation required will not be considered. Information included in fully completed applications must be verified by NeedLink Nashville. If verification is not evident, applications will not be considered.
Important Application Information:
Please ensure that you have the following documentation on hand, either digitally photographed or scanned when opening the on-line application.
- A photo or scan of your Driver’s License or other form of photo ID, such as a Passport or Student Photo ID.
- For income verification, we require a photo or scan of paperwork documenting your income, such as a paycheck stub or bank statement showing a recurring automatic deposit from an employer.
- For assistance due to a loss of wages, we require a photo or scan of a separation notice, statement from an employer indicating a loss of hours or a temporary/permanent notice of layoff due to COVID-19 or Nashville’s tornados.
- A copy or scan of the bill or bills that you are submitting for financial assistance.
- For rental or mortgage assistance, please be prepared to provide your lender or landlord’s name and email address. Ensure that your landlord knows to expect a communication from NeedLink Nashville.
- All communication will be directed to the mailing address you have provided in the application. When entering the address, please include all information including Apartment/Building Complex Name, Apartment/Unit Number and ensure that your zip code is listed and correct.
For more information and to apply go to: www.needlink.org