NASHVILLE, Tenn. (March 5, 2021) – Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) early learning programs provide welcoming and engaging environments for the city’s youngest learners for every family in every neighborhood across Davidson County. The Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) application period for the 2021-2022 school year is now open.
“We want to provide all of Nashville’s youngest learners with a great, fun learning experience,” said Dr. Adrienne Battle, Director of Schools. “Our high-quality Pre-K programs have received national recognition for access, staff training, and building partnerships with families to ensure each child’s success.”
How to apply for Pre- K:
Gather your required documents, which includes your child’s birth certificate and proof of residency. The full list of documents can be found on the Metro Schools enrollment page.
Get your Student Identification Number through the MNPS online portal and follow instructions to upload the required documents.
- Birth certificate or record of birth. Children must turn four years old on or before August 15, 2021 (with some exceptions).
- Proof of Davidson County residency – current utility bill, telephone, lease or homeowner policy in the parent/guardian name
- Parent/Guardian photo ID. (Parent/ Guardian must be present if applying in person at an Enrollment Center.)
After you have received a student identification number for your child:
- Complete and submit the online Pre-K Application
- Contact an Enrollment Center by telephone if you need help or cannot apply online and need to schedule an appointment.
- Please make sure you select the school year you are applying for on the Pre-K application.
- After submitting the Pre-K application, families will receive instructions about next steps.
Families who apply for Pre-K by March 31, 2021 (3:30 p.m.) will be included in the initial Pre-K selection process. Families who apply after March 31, will be placed on a waiting list and selected as vacancies occur. For more information, visit www.mnps.org/early-childhood-education or call the Family Information Center at (615) 259-INFO.
MNPS is also accepting kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year. Learn more at www.mnps.org/register-for-school.