COVID-19 has had a negative effect on the Nashville economy. In particular small black owned businesses have been hit hard financially during phase one and two of the quarantine.
However there are a few blacked owned businesses that you can support during this time. When thinking about helping keep the dollar circulating through the black community, it is important to consider all types of businesses.
Below is a short list of businesses owned by African Americans that you can support by purchasing their products or services.
- Wild Bill Cummins Farm: Urban Farm located inside Nashville. – Facebook
- Energy Electives: Solar powered company that provides the materials and services to help save money, improve comfort, and conserve energy – Website | Facebook
- Rocky Wing Shack: Chicken Wings, Fish and Soul Food serving the Nashville community. – Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Live Above: Clothing line opened and operated by two Tennessee State graduates. – Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Cone Heads: Enjoy chicken in a waffle cone with savory homemade sauces and comfort food sides. – Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Global Chi Supply Solutions: PPE Equipment Supplier and Supply Chain & Supplier Management. Order N95 masks, gloves, protective coveralls, thermometers and more. – Website | Instagram
- Hydrate The Hood: Hydrate The Hood is a progressive health initiative focusing on the amazing benefits of alkaline water and providing that water to underserved communities. – Website | Instagram
- Yay Yay’s: Yay Yay’s is an event management company in Nashville that offers access to exclusive spaces while considering social distancing and other safe practices. – Website | Facebook
- Kea Properties LLC: Full service real estate and construction firm that focuses on providing the best services in the Nashville, Tennesse area. – Website
- A1 Mobile Notary: Offers general notary work including but not limited to; loan signing, mortgages, refinancing and multiple leasing. – Website | Instagram
To find more black owned businesses we suggest visiting Black Owned Nashville and Tennessee Minority Pages. Two directories that focus on businesses owned by people of color.