Nashville is known for its trendy hang outs that continue to pop up around different neighborhoods in the city. One of the newest locations that is quickly becoming extremely popular is the Atlanta-based Red Phone Booth. Located in downtown Nashville at 136 Rosa Parks Blvd, Red Phone Booth offers a cigar program, craft cocktails and an authentic Italian menu.
Besides quality food, drinks, and cigars what separates Red Phone Booth from other spots around town is the exclusive nature of membership. While it is open to the public, to enter you must gain a private phone number from a member and dial it into a restored London antique red phone booth.
Once inside the 1920’s speakeasy atmosphere is a step back in time. The venue’s 100+ year old building has existing reclaimed wood floors from a Civil war era tobacco barn and exposed bricks. Throughout the lounge are Italian leather couches and low-slung wood tables, perfect for guests and members to enjoy a cigar and cocktail.
The menu includes Neapolitan-style pizzas as well as appetizers, salads, pasta dishes and traditional desserts. For cocktails, expect cut-to-order garnishes and 100% fresh squeezed juices such as blood orange, mango, and cranberry.
The cigar program has a focus on quality and not quantity, with inventory being changed often. The smoking experience is enjoyable because of the 100% fresh outdoor air system accompanied by five 2,500 cubic foot by minute air purifiers.
There are three membership options available allowing for sofa reservations and member only events on all levels. Visit http://redphonebooth.com/nashville/membership for prices and amenities.
Things of interest for those who are considered becoming a member:
- The entire location is 5200 square feet and is open daily.
- There is a private room in the back with pool tables that is available to rent for private events.
- The popular Neapolitan-style pizzas are 11 inches, use flour and tomatoes imported from Italy, and are cooked at temperatures in excess of 900 degrees in approximately 70 seconds
- Throughout the location there are glass panels in the ceiling hand painted by Star Wars still artist Christian Waggoner.
- The dress code is “appropriate, tasteful attire”. Gentlemen must wear either a collared shirt or sports coat. Ladies may not wear athletic gear or excessively ripped clothing.
To learn more about the Red Phone Booth please visit http://redphonebooth.com/nashville.