STAFF REPORT | Nashville Voice
The following five individuals represent people who possess major power in Metro Nashville and beyond, but we had to make tough decisions for only 10 spots.
Of course, each of these individuals met our criteria and/or exceeded them in one or another category. We’ve decided to highlight the top honorable mention.
1. Ronald Roberts: Managing Partner, DVL Seigenthaler
Ronald Roberts oversees the day-to-day management of the agency and directs the firm’s short-and-long-range plans.
Roberts has managed corporate and crisis communications, media relations, message strategy and development, event management and executive image management for many of DVL Seigenthaler’s clients. He also leads DVL Siegenthaler’s media and message training practice group.
Further, Roberts is also certified by the Institute for Crisis Management and has participated in extensive crisis management for clients throughout the country.
2. Dr. Dexter Samuels: Senior Vice President for Student Affairs & Executive Director, Center for Health Policy at Meharry Medical College, Chair for the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority Board of Directors
3. Howard Gentry: Criminal Court Clerk of Metro Nashville-Davidson County, former Vice-Mayor
4. Michelle Lane: Chief Procurement Officer, Metro Nashville-Davidson County Government
5. Brenda Gilmore: Tennessee State Senate District 19 (elected Nov. 6)